Last week, due to an upsurge in interest, we decided to extend our call for papers deadline until Friday 16th Feb! If you haven’t already submitted an abstract for either our conference or symposium, what are you waiting for?! Head over to those pages for more information.
The next DAWF news will be published on the 23rd of February. If you have anything you’d like to include, send it to us via email or twitter.
News & Blogs
- Drink and Drug News – Feb 2018 (pdf)
- ‘What about Women?’ – Collective Voice
- ‘What you were reading in 2017’ – Drug & Alcohol Findings
- ‘How academics and service providers are working together to inform drug policy in Ireland‘ – EUROPP LSE Blog
- ‘Over 3,700 deaths linked to alcohol’ – BBC Scotland – see SCOTPHO report below
- ‘An Interview With Mandie – Young People’s Substance Misuse Practitioner / PIPS Worker’ – CGL Blog
- Lee et al (2018) ‘Transitions into young adulthood: Extent to which alcohol use, perceived drinking norms, and consequences vary by education and work statuses among 18–20 year olds’ Addictive Behaviours 79, pp.107-112.
- MacMillan et al (2018) ‘Association of Rooming-in With Outcomes for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis’ JAMA Pediatr. Published online February 05, 2018.
- Bewley-Taylor & Nougier (2018) ‘GDPO Working Paper 3 – Measuring the ‘world drug problem’: ARQ Revision. Beyond traditional indicators?’
- PHE (2018) Statistics on Drug Misuse, England 2018
- SCOTPHO (2018) Hospital admissions, deaths and overall burden of disease attributable to alcohol consumption in Scotland
- Ubido et al (2018) Developing Resilient Communities: Identification of Approaches and Evidence for their Effectiveness.
- NUS are conducting research on student drug use – Students’ Drug Survey.
- 8th & 9th November 2018, Newcastle – SSA Annual Conference and Symposium – booking opens soon!